Thursday, August 25, 2005

Feeling very sanguine lately

The ancient greeks developed the idea of the 4 humours - sanguine, melancholic, choleric, and phlegmatic. Now i wonder how our modern word humorous became associated with just one of the original, namely sanguine, but i sure as hell need more of this humor right now. I'll relate a vague personal story to show i might b on the right path :P I recently really really wanted 'something' from a someone; and, well, someone else got what i want and i, i received 2 beer glasses as 'consolation prize'(troosprys). I proceded to use them to get drunk over the span of two weeks but it's only recently that i've seen the humourous irony of the gift. Humour in disaster. haha. And don't get me wrong, i love my beer glasses...even more now. well i have to, they're all i've got ;)

No comments: