Monday, August 14, 2006

the land of in-between

tonight i am loneliness
tonight my home is a stone hut
where i swim through rain and cold
... deserted
Strange and disconcerting
there are no animals around me

how could i have lived this way so long?
how could i have stayed in this place, this state
where i am a stranger?
it started long before i came,
here, to this house,
this storey of in-between.

now amazed i leave.

i took so long to see.

how long can one be an alien?
how long can one freeze one's soul to keep fear away?
i feel like walking out of myself,
out of this alien self
towards laughter and fire,
towards a dog, a friend of my soul,
towards peace and my soul mate.

is it this place, is it me?
i am a stranger in a strange land
as i was to the south,
at my birth
(and on my travels)

Few things are worse than being sin casa
i have become something far away
i don't realize what
i inhabit the land in between
(
desires make me play
and dreams
yet more and more the sound of eternity
rings closer
)
Set me free you big-eyed beings
you don't want me to remain
in this soft land of in-between?
Were is my home?
i want to go home
i want to BE home
show me the way
to my home,
my real home

No comments: